Collect George Carlson

Happy New Year to everyone! It's going to be an incredible 2012, I can just feel it. Maybe I'm only saying that because my gallery is closed for renovations until March 1st and I'm in my home office working while most people think I'm on vacation.  I wish that was the case, but I'm doing my best to keep busy so my wife doesn't make me clean the house and do the dishes.  The gallery is going to look fantastic when all the renovations are done, and it will look even better once there are paintings hanging on the wall again.  Because I do have a bit of spare time, I recently invited George and Pam Carlson to lunch to discuss the art world and solve all the world's problems.  They were generous enough to not only have lunch with me, but share their insights and experiences regarding the art world.  If you don't have a piece of art by George Carlson in your collection, then I would recommend putting him at the top of your list for acquisitions.  It's amazing what George Carlson has accomplished in his illustrious career, and just when you think he can't get any better, he goes and wins his second Prix de West Award, which makes him the first person to ever win the coveted award for two different mediums.  His first garnered the award with his remarkable bronze "Courtship Flight" and in 2011, he won the award for his painting "Umatilla Rock".
2011 Prix de West Award winner "Umatilla Rock" by George Carlson

"Courtship Flight" by George Carlson
You only have to visit George Carlson's website, to see how important he is when it comes to Important American Artists.  I just wanted to say thank you to Pam and George for giving me a few hours for the lively conversation and wonderful advice.

Comments

Popular Posts